Developed soreness on toe. Not cured by soaking in hot water. Worrisome

I developed a sore on the top of my toe from wearing a new pair of shoes. They were causing pressure to the point that they bruised my toenail. Its been about a month now and the sore is itchy and has become bigger and dark in color. I have developed new sores along the sole of my foot. Ive treated by soaking my feet repeatedly in hot water with a bit of clorox along with applying lamisil ointment. Im worried, it doesnt seem to get better and im developing new spots.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be tinea pedis, contact dermatitis , eczema.

Also I would like to know -
Do the patches have scaling?

Are they having defined borders?

Are they painful? Mild or severe?

Is there oozing or discharge?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?

Photos can be helpful a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the questions to help in giving specific advise.

Follow-up: Developed soreness on toe. Not cured by soaking in hot water. Worrisome 5 hours later
Im having trouble downloading pictures cant find proper location to send pictures , can i have your email so i can send them there. as for your questions, the sore on my toe has a slight border. as for the others they started out small and then widen in size. They form a scaly hard top with i keep filing down. They have no discharge just itch. The sores are about a XXXXXX size . my other foot is not affected by it yet.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

“You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.