Developed sore throat with red bumps on it after oral sex. Tested positive for strep. On antibiotic. Suggestion

Jul 2016

Hi. I gave a guy oral sex 3 days ago and it was really intense with a lot of deepthroating and he was very large. The next day I felt fine but the day after that, so 24 hours later, I started developing a sore throat. I then the next morning (today) saw little red bumps in the back of my throat and no where else. I went to my health center on campus and the doctor said it looked like it could be herpes but tested for strep as well as herpes. The strep test came back positive and she put me on antibiotics for that. I am awaiting the herpes results but was wondering if the red bumps could just be from the strep or irritation.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed sore throat and a red bump on the back of your throat after having Oral Sex .

Most likely this is due to friction during encounter .However chances of STD can not be ruled out .
Please wait for the results of the tests.In the mean while continue taking antibiotics prescribed by your physician. Further treatment will depend upon the results of the tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.