Developed sore throat, tongue. Had oral sex. What is it?

I am a man and gave.oral to a man. My first male to male contact in years? I developed sore throat and tongue 3~4 days later. I feel fine other than anxiety. He came in mouth and I spit it out. He said he did not cum.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The sore throat you are having may be associated with an infected partner that is it may be a sexually transmitted disease or a sore throat unrelated to it.
It is highly advisable that you get a complete blood counts and a throat swab Gram stain and culture test.
Enquire to the partner if he has any infection.
Such activities can result in diseases like heptitis B, herpes etc.
You should get tested for these as well.
Also start the treatment with antibiotics, your local physician would know that and do warm saline gargles thrice a day till the sore throat resolves.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.