Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed sore, itchy and red penis. Started problem in erection after using fucibet cream. Worrisome

Hi, I have some small itchy spots on my body which I keep in check using Fucibet cream, when my Penis tip developed sore itchy redness and very small blemishes I used small amount of said cream, this cured it over night, however the problem does reoccur once a week, after doing this for about a year I've noticed a thinning of my erection near the base, please advise . Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
There is no reason to suffer of a simple skin problem for a year in today's world.
you should avoid using topical steroid in the penis, scrotum and eyelid areas because skin is very soft and can be damaged and you can get terrible scarring which would be a challenge to manage.
It appears that you have chronic simple urticaria, you should send me a photograph of the spots in a follow up query so that I can give you a more definite diagnosis if any. I think you should stop using steroid cream and should get examined by a dermatologist, you should benefit from levocetirizine 5mg regularly under his supervision.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Developed sore, itchy and red penis. Started problem in erection after using fucibet cream. Worrisome 1 hour later
Thanks, however I am still unsure as to wether the Fucibet could course narrowing of my penis shaft, visible when erect. The spots are pin pricks really, which every now and again seem to flare up causing redness and itching. Do I need prescription for Levocetirizine please? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Yes, prolonged steroids when applied locally can cause skin thinning and tightness to cause narrowing. In your case it woulb be reversible, just avoid the steroid.
You should have sent me the image of spots by now, use the attachment button.
in my country it is available only on prescription so should be in the UK, I think.
Wish you a great health!