Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed some discolouration in the skin of penis. Should I be worried?

Question
hi there. i am a 53 year old male and I hav developed some discoloration in the skin of my glans. There is no itching, no lumps and no other symptoms just the faded skin on the penis. Is it anything i should worry about?
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
If you are not having any symptoms then it is likely that you do not have disease.
If you are not sexually active or have not removed the secretions from the prepuce and glans for 7-10 days then the collected secretion can cause a local hypopigmentation.
I would advise you to do a thorough cleaning and observe 2-3 day later, I think you would see a drastic improvement.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Developed some discolouration in the skin of penis. Should I be worried? 2 days later
Thanks

Thats not the problem . This discoloration looks like pale / white splotches just under the surface of the glans. Sexual activity frequent and with same partner. Very clean and particular in habits. Discoloration does not alter with activity or cleansing

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
So it is totally asymptomatic hypopigmentation that has started out of blue.
It does not seem anything serious but may be a noninvasive fungal infection or just a depigmentation like a local vitiligo.
A good approach would be to visit a dermatologist at your locality and get the scrapings of the lesion. At times it may show Candida or Malassezia fungi as a cause.
Wish you a great health!

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
All the best.
Wish you a great health!