Developed silver like spot on center bottom of heel. Sensitive to touch. Used neosporin. What to do?

Feels like a sliver on bottom center heel of foot. Tried digging it out with a needle. Didnt find anything. no pus. Not too callus. Its like an infected pimple now. Red all around it. Very sensitive to touch. Can't walk on it. What do I do? I've had neosporin on it for 24 hrs.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
I have seen the photograph and it shows that you have developed cellulitis.
Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin.
Treatment requires proper antibiotic course and anti-inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen.
Although ideal treatment is to give anti biotic after the culture of pus but in many cases, as in you, one does not find pus. Therefore, in such a situation, cellulitis is commonly treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics.
You must consult your doctor for the prescription of antibiotic course.
Till then start taking ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck