Developed severe allergic reaction to protamine after open heart surgery. What is the cure?
User rating for this question
I developed a severe allergic reaction to protamine . This reaction occurred during open hesrt surgery . If I did ever need open hesrt surgery again how would this be dealt with
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Vit K is another antidote for Heparin. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understood your concern. Protamine sulfate is used as reversal of Heparin. If you are allergic to protamin, intravenous use of VITAMIN K would also be useful as antidote for Heparin. Hope it helped you. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Average life expectancy for mitral valve prolpase
- Ayurvedic treatment on mitral valve prolapse
- Dydrogesterone as emergency contraceptive \
- Ayurvedic treatment to manage mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve prolapse ayurveda
- Severe allergic reaction causes
- Severe allergic reaction to amoxicillin
- Symptoms of severe allergic reaction
- How many sprintec pills equal emergency contraceptive
- Contraception implant rejection
- Mitral valve prolapse b12
- Treatment and cure for severe allergic reaction
- Severe allergic reaction to ppd
- Gynaecosid as emergency contraceptive
- Mercilon work as emergency contraceptive?