Developed severe allergic reaction to protamine after open heart surgery. What is the cure?

I developed a severe allergic reaction to protamine . This reaction occurred during open hesrt surgery . If I did ever need open hesrt surgery again how would this be dealt with
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Vit K is another antidote for Heparin. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understood your concern. Protamine sulfate is used as reversal of Heparin. If you are allergic to protamin, intravenous use of VITAMIN K would also be useful as antidote for Heparin. Hope it helped you. Thanks.