Developed sensation just below clavicle on left side only. EKG and chest X-ray normal. Suggest?

I am a pretty healthy 64 year old male. I just in the last few days developed a sensation just below my clavicle on left side only. The sensation is not an ache or pain but rather a sensation for just a second that can happen several times a day.

I had an EKG and Chest X XXXXXXX a few months ago that were ok...EKG abnormal but deemed normal by Cardiologist....not the first time. I have had no injuries although my shoulders sometimes ache in the am.

What is the likely culprit?
Actually the sensation can be just above or below the clavicle...don't know that this makes a big difference? It almost feels like a light electrical current that zig zags for a second
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably nerve / not heart is the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. However, at this age, it is better to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT).
     ‘Like an electric current’ may mean nerve as the cause. MRI of the Thoracic spine will help to exclude X-ray...
     See your Internist again

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck