Developed ridges on toes. What is the treatment?

I have developed very deep horizontal rideges in both of my big toes.. The left foot , has a full black toenail for nearly two months and has developed this riges. I assumed it meanyt the nail would fall off. I had no injury to neither toes, they hurt when I press on them both. The right foot has a slight discoloration but also has the same deep ridge. I live in Fla. and spend most of the time in open shoes
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. There are two possibilities. 1. Fungal infection which has gone till nail matrix. 2. A spontaneous destruction of nail matrix. Please upload a photograph of your nails. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and I would be able to help you better. Waiting for your response. Thank you