Developed red stinging rash on the bottom of legs. How to control this?

Feb 2013

My grandson was swimming in a hotel pool for about 45 minutes tonight. Afterwords he developed a red, stinging rash on the backs of both bottom legs. The hotel manager said that all levels of chemicals in the pool where normal.
What can we do to stop the stinging and hurting? My grandson is 9 years old. Thank you very much!
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your grandson seems to have developed an allergic rash on the back of the bottom of legs.

The cause of allergy may be chemicals mixed in pool water to sterilize the water.

For rash, you can apply calamine containing lotion externally over the skin of the both legs.

If there is itching sensation, you can give oral antihistamines like cetirizine or hydroxyzine in prescribed dosage.

And restrain your grandson from swimming in that pool again.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.