Developed red rashes on penis head after intercourse. Feel itchy. Suggest medicine?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I have recently developed red rashes on the head of my penis after intercourse with my wife which extend upto the area where my foreskin retract.it itches and is like very tiny heat prickels rashes.please suggest medicine
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic

Without an opportunity to see the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition.
It could be genital herpes, It could be fordyce's spots or pearly penile papules.
Genital herpes needs treatment. Other two is perfectly normal and no treatment is required. Genital herpes has tiny fluid filled blisters usually grouped together.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Waiting for the photograph.

Follow-up: Developed red rashes on penis head after intercourse. Feel itchy. Suggest medicine? 1 hour later
I have sent the photos,plz chk and let me know,the red ones on the head of the penis r new,the white ones on the end point of the head towards the foreskin are quite old but was not going even after long time ,but they didn't cause any itching or discomfort.plz suggest.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 39 minutes later
Welcome back.
Thanks for the pictures.

The white ones around the glans penis is pearly penile papules. 50 percent of males have it. You do not require treatment for it. It is normal.

The red ones look like inflamed fordyce's spots. It does not look like herpes. You may apply plain coconut oil three times a day over the red spots. It should subside. Please do not clean it excessively with soap, water or dettol/savlon. It will make it worse. It does not look like any other sexually acquired infections either.

Hope this helped. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Developed red rashes on penis head after intercourse. Feel itchy. Suggest medicine? 6 hours later
Actually the white ones started long time back and r numerous in no.it looks ugly,can any thing be done to remove those.plz suggest as I want to get rid of it.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 12 hours later
Welcome back,

White ones are perfectly normal. They are called pearly penile papules.
If you want to get it removed still, you can go for electrocautery or ablative laser. These procedures will cause wound over the site and it will take one week to 10 days to heal. For this, you need to consult a dermatologist having these machines. Topical applications cannot cure it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.