Developed red rashes below neck area around the breast bone. Having itching sensation. Wearing a gold chain in the rash area. Medication?

I have developed red rashes just below the neck area around the breastbone area. They are not itchy . I have recently moved to Bangalore and was wearing a gold chain prior to developing the rash. Now have removed the chain, I have been wearing the chain for last 5-6 years but have developed rashes recently
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can wait and watch...

Detailed Answer:

Allergies can occur at any point of time. This may be an allergic reaction to the components of chair or due to pressure/irritation from the chain. If the rash is not spreading and if you do not have any pain or itching, you can observe the rash for a few days before trying any treatment.

Apart from chain causing the rash, also consider the possibility of tight clothing and other cosmetic products which may be the cause.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.