Developed red rash and small blood blisters on arms. What am I suffering from?

I have developed a red rash on both my arms, which looks like sunburn, but is not. The arms become redder during exercise or exertion, such as ironing. A few small blood blisters have also appeared. When I raise my arms, they return to normal colour, and when I get up in the morning they are a normal colour for a little while. I have seen a dermatologist, a professor, and he seems to have no idea what it is.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are describing can be urticaria, contact dermatitis, vascular stasis,dermatitis herpetiformis, bullous pemphigoid etc.
The age of yours and symptoms point towards bullous pemphigoid.
Also I would like to know-
Do you have itching/pain over the lesion?
Does it started over suddenly or slowly?
Are you on steroid or any other immuno suppressant drugs?
Do you have any other systemic complaints?

Can you upload the photos of the affected area?
Photographs can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Answer the questions and upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist