Developed red blood spot near cornea of eye. Had protein treatment for hair. Do I need to see a doctor?

hi. i have developed a red blood spot near the cornea of left eye. no other discomfort. i am not in medication of anything. got a protein treatment done for my hair last night. do i need to go to a doc?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: It seems like Subconjunctival hemorrhage. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer , an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you have got a red blood spot near the cornea of the left eye with no other discomfort in the form of pain, redness.... The most probable cause mayl be subconjunctival hemorrhage. It is because of collection of blood under conjunctiva. It can be because of minor injury, rubbing of eyes and sometimes may occur spontaneously. It gets reabsorbed over a period of 3-4 weeks and no treatment is required. If the problem is because of subconjunctival hemorrhage as I have mentioned above you wont require any treatment or consultation with doctor. If you can send a photograph of the eye I can advice you more accurately. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K