Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed red and swollen spots on penis after sex. What is causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
after an extended period(6 months) of increased sexual activity(at least once a day, same partner), I have recently developed two spots on the side of my penis which, immediately after sex, are quite red and swollen. Both the redness and the swelling are typically gone by the next morning, but it remains tender when I'm erect. Abstinence for a few days seemed to solve the problem, but after a couple of times it has returned.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description, the two spots seem to be due to inflamed glands on the penis which become swollen when the blood circulation increases during erection. This is not likely to be related to any STD. It may happen due to poor hygiene or use of Harsh soaps which has not been washed. Kindly don't worry as there nothing seems be serious.
Most of the times such minor swellings do subside on applying a steroid based antiseptic cream like Lotrimin.
It is easily controllable with medications and Good Personal hygiene.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Maintain proper hygiene
2.) Avoid sexual contact with a stranger
3.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
5.) During bathing, retract the foreskin to adequately clean and dry the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.