Developed rashes, sore throat and swollen lymph node after exposure. HIV test done. Any advice?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I was in a realtionshiip 2 yearsa go, developed rash,sorethroat 3 wks after expsoure, tested by 2nd gen EIAand ICMA multile times last one 28 mons after expsoure negative. I am an immigrant i am worried abt hiv 2 as it is seen in ndia. I did hiv 2 dna pcr from labcorp but the lower limit of detection is around 500 copies and I am afraid the test missed low virla load as i heard that type 2 replicates very slowly. AFter 2 yrs i developed a neck lymphnode swollen confirmed by doctors. Pls help and advice.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV 2 can be easily identified by a rapid antibody test. Don't worry about the result and about the wordings like lower limit is 500 copies etc. and not relate the same to the slow viral replication. The antibody tests will reveal after 6 months definitely if there is an infection with HIV 2. As it is negative for you there is no chances for HIV infection for you.

There are many many reasons for the enlargement of lymph node enlargement from ordinary bacterial infection to tuberculosis and so many other causes.
So XXXXXXX a physician or surgeon and get cured the lymph nodal enlargement and not at all worry about HIV infection.

Dr S.Murugan