Developed rash and bumps. Had strep and wad on antibiotics. Have bumps under arm and near groin area. No fever. Remedy?

Pediatrician
Question
I HAVE MY 13 MONTH OLD GRANDSON AND HE HAS DEVELOPED A HORRIBLE RASH AND BUMPS ON HIM...I HAVE A PICTURE I CAN SEND YOU IT LOOKS LIKE CHICKEN POX OR SHINGLES TO ME...HE HAS HAD NO FEVER...AROUND MAY 29TH HE HAD STREP AND WAS ON AMOXICYLLN FOR 10 DAYS, HE CAME TO XXXXXXX TO STAY WITH ME ON XXXXXXX 7TH ON XXXXXXX 10TH HAD HIGH FEVER WENT TO DOCTOR AND AND HE HAD EAR INFECTION IN BOTH EARS....PUT ON CEDFNIR GOT RASH WITH THAT SO CHANGED TO AMOXICLYN AND VOMITTING OCCURED, SO TOOK OFF ALL MEDS...HAD EARS CHECKED AGAIN AND THEY WERE CLEAR....LAST SUNDAY XXXXXXX 30TH NOTICED SMALL RED BUMP UNDER ARM....THROUGHOUT THE WEEK TURNED INTO HUGE RED SORE AND OTHER SORES HAVE SPREAD ACROSS STOMACHE ONE NEAR GROIN AREA AND LOWER BACK...HE HAS HAD NO FEVER WITH THIS THOUGH...
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for your query ,

I can feel your concerns for the horrible rash and associated problems ,

Yes it seems to be chicken pox rash but other possibilities should also be looked in.

Is there any history of redness in eyes, peeling off skin from the fingers, pain in the joints or any palpable lymph node?

Is he had any past history of drug reaction .

Is there any history of oral ulcers and difficulty in swallowing?

Kindly reply to these history question so that I can better interpret the disease and its treatment.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Developed rash and bumps. Had strep and wad on antibiotics. Have bumps under arm and near groin area. No fever. Remedy? 1 hour later
he had the flu at about 8 mths old and was given tamiflu and had a rash breakout with that so discontinued with that medication and the reactions to the meds i have explained earlier....no other issues that i am aware of....no trouble swallowing that i know of either....when i took him to the clinic on friday the 5th of july to have them evaluate the rash it was mainly the area under his arm....at that time they also looked in his ears and said they were red again and his throat was slightly red but decided not to prescribe antibiotics...

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

It means that the major junk of the diseases is out and most likely its a viral infection .

Chicken pox can be the culprit.
My recommendations are to start with an antiviral drug after consulting your doctor.
Give him plenty of water.

Apply local antibiotic ointment over the lesion to avoid super added bacterial infections.

Hope I answered you , If you do not need any other clarifications , kindly rate the query.