Developed pain in shoulder. Undergone Ngo gram test. Will this cause any bone problem?

Hi doctor,

My father has undergone this Ngo gram test which detects blocks in heart,about 6 months ago,after this he has developed pain in the shoulder.our doctor has advised for MRI.My question is post Ngo test causes any bone problems or arthiritis.

Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Dear family member,

Thank you for your concerns about your dad's health. I have carefully reviewed all the attached files (thanks for taking the time and effort) and it seems that the right radial angiogram was uncomplicated. Therefore, the chances of it being related to late septic arthritis (infection in the joint) or osteomyelitis (infection in the bone) are significantly lower. The problem in the shoulder might be perhaps non infectious, and the best person to conduct a physical examination to achieve a specific diagnosis is definitely an orthopedic surgeon. If there are however worrisome findings of infection, such as fever, redness, increased volume of the joint area, loss of movement, chills, weight loss, etc. It would be paramount to have it evaluated physically by a provider sooner rather than later. Another issue is that you might want to talk to his cardiologist in terms of pain medication use, since some of the common over the counter medications can interact with his cardiovascular medicines and kidney function.

Hope that is useful, wish you and your father the best health.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases