Developed pain in hip. What could be causing this?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Do i have to go to a Chiropractor or Dr. if i have one hip higher than the other. And noted it has not always been this way, its my right hip and when i sleep on my rigt side it only hurts when i turn to go to the left side and thats fetal position, now when i place a cushion or pillow between my knees its significantly less pain when i go to turn from right to left. It really seems to stem from my low back more than anything, I'm 6' 5" tall and can't touch my toes without bending my knees. I own a Body Bridge, and an Inversion Machine. Is there anything i can do on my own for myself?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. It seems you might developed muscular spasm or tendinopathy at right hip.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for detailed examination and accurate diagnosis.

Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer you to a physiotherapist for soft tissue massage,stretching of tight muscles and strengthening exercises of weak muscles.

You can do following measures to get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Regular exercises as adviced by your doctor.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon.