Developed light brown vaginal discharge. Why is there occasional show of blood?

I have developed a light brown vaginal discharge. I have also had I between periods an occasional very small show of blood but each time only once.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The mild brownish spotting that you are having is likely to be due to a uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, dysfunctional uterine bleeding. etc.
To find out the cause, you need to consult your gynaecologist who will recommend tests like PAP smear and a lower abdomen ultrasound scan to find out the cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.