Developed large brown spots just inside both of elbows. Should I be concerned?

Hi. I am a 34 yr old white male. I have developed large brown spots just above the inside of both of my elbows. I've never used IV drugs (almost looks like that) It's been there 2 months. No itching or pain. Just almost "dirty" look and is about the size of small orange. Should I be concerned?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

From your description if the brown spots are not raised then one possible diagnosis is pityriasis versicolor. This is a fungal infection of the skin. The treatment would be application of antifungal cream to the affected area.

However without seeing the brown spots it would be difficult to give a definite diagnosis. I would be able to give a better opinion if I could see some pictures of the brown spots.
Please could you post a picture here? You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

If you are unable to upload the reports, you may mail the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject as “attention to Dr. Kruti”.

Awaiting your reponse.