Developed itchy red rashes on sides. Stretches down both sides below my rib cage. Used Anthisan cream. Suggestions?

I emailed a short while ago to ask about a rash. Did you get the details in that email? In case not, here is the query: I developed a rash on my sides about 10 days ago. Initially I assumed it was a heat rash. It is red and itchy but not blistery. It's a little bit raised - not unlike goosebumps though mostly smooth ish. It stretches down both sides below my rib cage and to a lesser extent over across my stomach. So I've been wearing loose cotton and linen clothing for the last week. In the first few days I used Anthisan cream on it but when that didn't make any difference I tried Cortopin for a couple of days but it didn't help either. Last night I had a bath and afterwards applied Aveeno moisturiser and this morning it seemed much better. this evening it is very red and itchy again. It hasn't at any point been exposed to the sun and I've been in cool rooms / shade as much as possible.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 12 days later

I understand your concern and I hope I will be able to help you in the same.

Now the problem in your case is a skin rash. From the description that you have provided to me it appears more like an allergic skin rash.

Such a rash can develop due to many reasons like run exposure, application of any new creams or oils or even wearing some new synthetic based clothes.

But I would first like to have a look at the exact skin condition before coming to the diagnosis.
It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin rash and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul.

Waiting for your response and the pictures.

Dr Geetika Paul