Developed itchy rashes after delivery. Used permithrin and child got irritated on scalp. Any solution?

hello doctor i am XXXXXXX from india i have 3 months old baby. after my delivary i suffered with itching and small rashes when i consult dermotologist they said its scabies . they prescribed permithrin i and my baby applied neck down. i got reliefed now but my baby has getting irritated on scalp small wounds are there on his scalp and he is itching .he also has red pimples on his face . can we apply hh sone cream on his face . please give me solution
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 minutes later

Scabies rarely infests the scalp of adults, although the hairline, neck, side of the head, and forehead may be infested in older people and in infants.

You may apply the same Permethrin 5% cream on to the scalp of the baby and leave it for not more than 8 hours. Wash the scalp thoroughly after 8 hours and care has to be taken that the medication is not ingested by the baby. It is safe and has no complications in a 3 month old baby.

Do replace all his and your bed linen, clothes and usables with new ones. The old clothes can be sources of re-infection.

The red pimples he has on his face will soon subside once the scalp infection is treated. If the lesions on the face do not disappear after a week or so, you may have to consult a dermatologist who may advice you Sulphur preparation for the same.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.