Developed itching around waistline. Not cured by benadryl. Easy way to get cure?

I have developed itching around my waistline with development of an occasional ulcer like sore. I have tried all kinds of lotions including cortisone cream, taken Benadryl orally and even used some leftover cream of my daughters for scabes. Any suggestions?
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later

Scabies is quiet unusual to involve only the waist line.

According to me it is could be a fungal infection (tinea cruris). Hydrocortisone might give temporary relief but permanent cure is topical as well as oral anti fungal for atleast a month. Did you also try antifungal agents.

The fungus is very resistant to treatment and hence complete one month treatment is required even if there are no symptoms.

If possible kindly upload few pictures, this will help me in justifying my answer.