Developed itching and rashes after a surgical abortion. Skin is peeling and using vaginal wipes. Suggest the cure

May 2013
I had a surgical abortion 3 days ago and the day after my procedure I began to develop an itch and rash. It is very uncomfortable and my skin is breaking open and pealing. I've began using otc vaginal wipes and cream to help with minimal luck re leaving my symptoms.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction to antiseptic or infection

Detailed Answer:
Some women may get allergic reaction to the antiseptic solution used during the procedure of surgical abortion.
And there is possibility of infection also.
So better to avoid over the counter drugs.
Consult gynecologist once and get examined.
By examination the exact cause for the problem can be identified and treated.
In case of allergy, antihistamines and local anti inflammatory drugs can help.
If there is infection, you may need antibiotics or antifungal drugs depending on the causative factors.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.