Developed hypoglycemia, having pain in testicle and erectile dysfuction. What causes sudden change in blood sugar?

i am a 56 yrs male 157 cm weight 70 kg, having psychosomatic problem FOR THE LAST 10 YRS,presently taking sertraline150 mg(100+50) with tazloc CT40 for BP, Lonazem .25 TDS and Felicita OD, these days it seems I have developed Hypoglycemia as the symptoms are perspiration, palpitation and tingling apart from acute headache and psycho pain in colon, legs and feeling of pain in the scrotal area/testicles and erectile disfunction. At times blood sugar comes down to 75 from 125 all of a sudden. plz advice
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Side effects of sertraline; require regimen change Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I have gone through your current list of medications, and have found that almost all of your symptoms match side effects that are commonly seen with the use of sertraline. Although, some of your side effects can also match those produced by tazloc CT 40, and lonazep, not all match their list of side effects. In my opinion, the cause for your current presentation would be sertraline. Felicita can hardly have any side effects, so we can rule this out. Do not worry sir, as this is commonly seen and can easily be addressed. I would kindly request you to schedule a visit to your prescribing doctor and report all the side effects that you are experiencing. It would be best that he either lower the dose and see if the side effects are prevalent or substitute the medication with a different one altogether. While you are at the doctors, please also request for a complete glycaemic profile (that includes RBS, FBS, PPBS and HbA1c) to rule out diabetes sir; this would help us concentrate on the medications you are taking, and not suspect diabetes to be the cause for your symptoms. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you sir. Best wishes.