Developed headaches, severe nerve burning in both legs. MRI done. What is the problem?

My husband has developed headaches, severe nerve burning in both legs with an onset of 2 months ago. He's been to a neurologist who ordered an MRI of the brain. He's also seen a neurosurgeon to rule out anything lumbar related. He's been MRI'ed from head to toe. The only answer we've been given is "I don't know" and "live on maxed out dosages of Lyrica and Cymbalta XXXXXXX According to a March 2012 brain MRI, I see a notation of high convexity cortical sulci are slightly prominent. This was new when compared to a February 2011 MRI of the brain for headaches. Is this significant and could this be related to what is happening? At one point, there were questions of MS, but I see no notations of any lesions on the brain. Thanks!
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

The finding in the MRI stating XXXXXXX high convexity cortical sulci are slightly prominent XXXXXXX important as this can be secondary to vascular disturbance or condition causing raised pressure in the cranium.

The above finding can be directly linked to the headaches your husband suffering with.The burning sensation in the legs though cannot be explained with above MRI finding but in vascular problems there will be symptoms of nerve condition leading to such burning sensation.

I would consider there would be a detailed physical examination needed to arrive at a diagnosis.I suggest you to take a second opinion by another Neurologist and discuss my idea with him.There can be convincing facts explored then.

MS as you say cannot be missed in MRI if it is symptomatic.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.