Developed excessive thirst in middle of night after taking prednisone. Worrisome

ENT Specialist
I have been prescribed Prednisone to treat a case of laryngitis. I have taken it for three days now and developed excessive thirst. It's the middle of the night and here I am drinking water. Why would this be happening?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding excessive thirst in middle of night, and as said that you are suffering from Laryngitis and prednisolone is being given to you. this thirst is because of throat infection. Therefore i would like to suggest you that with due concent of your treating doctor you XXXXXXX add-

(a) Antibiotic- Amoxicillin (625 mg) thrice in a day or it will be according to culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

(b) Mucolytic syrup.

(c) Steam inhalation.

I hope this will help you.