Developed cold sore. Kissing child with gestational age. Is it contagious?

i have a3 month old daughter , 9 week old gestational age cause she was 4 weeks early, anyway ive been kissing her and all and later in the day i noticed i developed a cold sore .. ive had them all my lufe so does she have antibodies or is she at high risk, should i take her to get looked at really worried since ive heard stories
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

Cold sores caused by antibody determines the outcome of infection in newborn.

I suggest you to get your baby examined by pediatrician for proper assessment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless!!