Developed bursitis. Started feeling discomfort in achilles tendon after using night splint. Any relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a lump on the instep of my left foot, i also have a spur on the heel, from which i developed bursitis. That issue was taken care of with physical therapy and using a walking boot for a couple of months, my achilles tendon does bother me at times and when does i use my night splint. I tried using the splint for the instep pain but it makes it worse. I am planning on seeing my podiatrist about this but am wondering of there is anything i can do in the mean time
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 36 minutes later

After reading your symptoms I feel that till you visit your doctor you can do the following:

- Hot foamentation twice daily for a week/till you visit the doctor
- Mild analgesics (pain killers)
- Physiotherapy to improve the existing condition.

Hope this helps.