Ask a Dentist   »  

Developed blood filled boils on gum between front teeth, no pain. Is this serious?

I have a loose flap of gum filled with blood between two of my front teeth. It does not hurt but has been growing for the last three days. It has now become so loose that it feels as thought it might break off. Is it serious? Or should I just let it detach itself?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Hello ,

Thanks for writing your query ,

After reading your clinical history I suspect you have developed a gum boil on the gingival papilla present between your front two teeth.

Such lesion are caused either by physical or chemical trauma to the gum tissue or due to injury caused by hot food stuffs.

Gum boil may appear red as if filled with blood in the initial stages .
It can be cystic sac like structure filled with fluid .

If not treated in time it may undergo infection leading to formation of gingival abscess so please get the examination done by a dentist.

After clinical examination if it is gum overgrowth, it can be excised surgically followed by a course of antibiotic and analgesic will solve your problem.

If the lesion is associated with teeth then the treatment plan will vary and it may need X XXXXXXX evaluation, do you have pain in the front teeth please let me know.

For further doubts do write to me and I will get back to you.

Regards ,
Dr. Farah Hussain.
Follow-up: Developed blood filled boils on gum between front teeth, no pain. Is this serious? 22 hours later
Thank you very much for your excellent reply.

Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 3 minutes later
Hi there,

You are always welcome. Do write back if you have any queries. I will be glad to help you.