Developed an allergic reaction and inflammation because of touching a caterpillar. What should be done?

unknowingly I touched a caterpillar .. which was there on my towel it's many small small throns. inserted in my finger what I suppose to. immediately
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic reaction Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I have seen the photograph you have sent, it looks like you have developed an allergic reaction and inflammation because of touching the insect. I advice you to do the following 1. Do not itch the hand, it will worsen it. 2. Apply calamine lotion three times daily over the inflammation, cold packs are effective too 3. Tab chlorpheniramine malete is the ideal drug for this, take one now and again after 12 hours for 3 days. It can make you a little sleepy so please do not drive or do any manual work around sharp instruments. Another alternative is to take Tab levocetrzine one now and one after 12 hours for 3 days. 4. If you develop severe pain or fever please approach a physician I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards