Developed acute pain under both heels and slight burning on both soles. Looking for cure?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have developed acute pain under both my heels simultaneously when I try to walk.At the same time I feel a slight burning on the front part of both soles.I am seventy years old athletic but never pushed myself to the extreme.My general health is good and my mother who is ninetyfour still drives a car.My father died at ninety eight after he had a heart attack while presiding over a Church Council.He never got ill in his life.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing in .
From the description of your symptoms the cause of pain in both heels is a condition called plantar fascitis. This condition can be diagnosed by a x XXXXXXX of both the feet in both AP and lateral views.[presence of a prominent calcaneal spur] The treatment for this condition involves pain killer medications , physiotherapy and professionally structured foot wear . If the response to these measures is suboptimal then the next line of treatment is steroid injections. the role of surgical intervention is extremely limited as the results are not at all promising.
I hope this answers your querry. if you still have any querries or doubts kindly write back to me.
With regards