Developed abdominal pain and loss of appetite after eating almonds. How to get relief?

Three days ago, I ate a couple of handfuls of natural almonds. An hour or two later, I developed a gnawing pain in the center of my abdomen, a little below the breast bone. I immediately lost any appetite I had. I suffer from GERD, and all night long I was refluxing. I tried some Peptobismal to try to soothe it. I felt better the next day, but I still have a mild gnawing paid in the center of my abdomen. Could that be caused by the almonds and can it last several days?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Yes this could be due to almonds.
You can take PPI medications like OTC prilosec for better relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini