Developed a non-itchy red patch on my face. Could this be kaposi sarcoma?

Jul 2012

I developed a non-itchy red patch on my face, could this be kaposi sarcoma. just woek up with it 2 days ago, doesnt itch.
Thank you
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 days later
Hi there XXXXXXX.
Good to hear from you..just wish it was not on medical grounds :)
Which part of your face exactly does this patch show up on..what dimensions?
Why did you think of Kaposi's is a rare entity & certainly not common for it to spring up overnight especially over a 2 day period. Is it possible to upload a clear digital photograph of the region?
From your description, it does sound more like some sort of an allergic phenomenon even though i note you say 'no itch'. Please do get back with that photograph & a few more details but i assure you it is not something sinister...more likely to be a simple matter. Cheers & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD