Developed a huge bruise across upper left buttock and have a large hard painless lump. Sciatica?

I recently fell very hard on the pavement in the snow. I developed a huge ugly bruise across my upper left buttock and now I have a large hard painless lump on that upper buttock. It does not hurt, not even to the touch but it feels as if I am having a bout with "sciatica"-type discomfort when sitting or lying down.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 minutes later
The hard lump might be a blood clot which will resolve slowly.
As the sciatic nerve leaves the spinal cord in hip region, chances are there that it might have got injured during the fall.
Even the hematoma which is still persisting might cause a pressure on the nerve and lead to sciatica like symptoms.
I advice you to get an x XXXXXXX of hip region done, this will confirm whether there is any bony injury pressing the nerve.
Let me know, if you have any further queries.
Thank you