Developed a droopy eye lid, double vision and swishing sound in ears. Should I consult a neuro doctor?

I have in the last week developed a droopy left eye lid, double vision and a swishing sound in my ears. I went to my ophthalmologist yesterday and he said that my left eye is dilated also and that this is the reason I have been having problems with light sensitivity. The opthalmologist said I need to get in with a Nuero doctor. It is Sunday and I am worried and the drooping and the swishing sound are driving me crazy....I have been searching the net and one site said to go to ER with these symptoms. I have Lupus, SLE, and I really hate going to ER because of the long wait...Should I go or wait until I can get a referral to a Neuro doctor?
I need to know ASAP, As I might need to go to ER
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 57 minutes later
Hi there,

I think it would be better if visited the ER . Even though you dislike the long wait , you will have peace of mind, knowing that help is at hand and something can be done about it..

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan