Developed a dark line across the bridge of nose. How to get rid of this?

Hi, I developed a dark line across the bridge of my nose about a year ago. It hasn't really faded at all in the past year even though other hyper-pigmentation on my face has. How can I get rid of it and furthermore, why did I develop it at all?
For background, I use glycolic acid (15%) for exfoliation and wear 75SPF broad-spectrum sunscreen everyday.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi ,

Black line across the bridge of the nose is supposed to be related to atopy i.e.manifestation of
atopic dermatitis.Do you have any other manifestations like allergy ,rhinitis,asthma,dry skin,hyper linear palmar creases,dark circles around eyes etc?

Some person have only the line as a manifestation of atopy.
It is difficult to treat as it is XXXXXXX dermal pigmentation.
Options like microdermabrasion,glycolic peel(70 %), other peels and fractional co2 laser are effective options.For home based treatment you can try TRILUMA cream at night time.

hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

DR Sudarshan

Follow-up: Developed a dark line across the bridge of nose. How to get rid of this? 9 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your response.

I was wondering, does hydroquinone (which is present in the tri-luma cream) lighten all skin, even skin that hasn't darkened due to hyper-pigmentation? Because I'd really like to avoid that.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
Hi again,

Triluma when apllied in small amounts and for limited period i.e.3 months will not cause any problems.It will not lighten the normal skin when used properly.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

MD Dermatology.