Developed a bruise on cheek. Could it be kaposi sarcoma?

I developed a bruise on my cheek 2 days ago, just woke up suddenly with it. Do you think that could be kaposi sarcima, it doesnt itch, it is flat. You responded recenlty to my questions regarding hiv.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
Kaposi sarcoma is a rare type of skin cancer .It is seen more frequently in HIV positive,immunocompromised , steroid treated patients and few african races.
Middle aged men of Mediterranean and Jewish descent are prone to classic Kaposi sarcoma.
Most common site of kaposi sarcoma is lower limb.

Considering the site of lesion and your profile it does not appear to be kaposi sarcoma.

It is more likely to be insect bite,ecchymosis or trauma related.
If you can upload the photos of affected area a better prediction of your condition can be given.
Also I would like to know -
Is there any ulceration of skin?
Is there any other symptom like burning/pain etc?
Is it growing/static /decreasing in size?

Upload the images and answer the question so that we can continue the discussion here.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Developed a bruise on cheek. Could it be kaposi sarcoma? 2 hours later
I will see if I can upload. It doesnt itch, just woke up with it on my cheek 2days ago, no increase in size, doesnt hurt,ulceration at all. size same past 2 days.
looks like bruise on face, doesnt blanch.I spoek to my friend who said its allergic reaction. i am reading internet a lot and getting worried. Thank you for your help.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 36 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details.
I still cant see the photo.
By the details given by you it does not appear to be kaposi sarcoma.
It can be allergic reaction/insect bite reaction.
You can apply hydrocortisone cream twice daily over the area.
It should clear by 10 -14days.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any futher clarification.