Developed a blister on middle finger while cooking. Looking ugly and discomforting. Could I ask a doctor?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I developed a blister I inch by 1 inch on my middle finder from cooking on a BBQ grill where the heat was very hot. It's been three days now and the blister hasn't is ugly and discomforting. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to go to ER.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The blister will take a few more days to heal. In the meantime, keep the area clean and dry. Apply a dry gauze dressing and tape this in place. If the blister is in such a place that this is not possible, a generous sized plaster will do the job.
Do not be tempted to burst the blister to let the fluid out as this will increase the risk of infection. Should the blister burst on it's own, leave the skin alone to fall off when ready.
Follow these suggestions and the blister should heal with no problems.
Dr K A Pottinger,