Developed Pilonidal cyst. Undergoing laser removal of hair. Developed pilonidal cyst. Side effects of laser removal?

my son developed a Pilonidal cyst. Though now it has gone off for now, the surgeon has recommended that he undergoes laser removal of the hair which he says could be one of the reasons for him to develop the pilonidal cyst. The laser treatment through a cosmetic surgeon costs around Rs 3000 per sitting and am told it would require 8-10 sittings. i have the following queries:
1. are there any side effects of laser removal of hair?
2. does it cost so much?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query
Laser hair removal is a good idea as in grown hairs are the main cause for pilonidal
there are no side effects of lasers.
The cost varies from place to place .
I think 3000 is not much costly.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
thank you