Detected for typhoid. On Tysure, Amylcure. Feeling weak. Suggestions on diet

Question
hi
I have been detected for typhoid of type S.Typhi O 1:320 and Tpyhi H,
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Infections
Follow-up: Detected for typhoid. On Tysure, Amylcure. Feeling weak. Suggestions on diet 5 minutes later
S.Typhi O: 1:320, and Typhi H, AH BH show no aggultination. The physician has prescribed Tysure tablets. And Amylcure tablets for improving my appetite. Presently i am feeling quite weak.. Kindly suggest the diet I should follow and should i get hospitalized.

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

A titre of 100 or more for O antigen is considered significant. As it is significant you should take antibiotics.

I advice you never to discontinue the medication, kindly take it as many days as the medications are prescribed. I am extremely sorry as i did not get the contents of tysure medicine. It will be nice of you if you mention about the contents that is mentioned on that.

Some degree of weakness will always be present after typhoid fever.

If there is no intestinal complications, no such dietary restriction is needed. Usually easily digested food is offered first so that it can be absorbed well. Soft bland diet like boiled food like boiled potato, vegetables, fishes, less spice, less fatty food are preferred. It is an infection which can affect intestines. Meat may not be easily absorbed in early convalescence it is better to avoid that.

I advice you to consult the physician in case if the symptoms return. if you develop severe abdominal pain, decreased urine output, or other new symptoms. If you do not have any severe symptoms you can stay at home and take rest for few days only if you have symptoms, hospitalization can be considered.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Detected for typhoid. On Tysure, Amylcure. Feeling weak. Suggestions on diet 51 minutes later
The contents of tysure capsule is : Cefixime and Ofloxacin
Is and other medicine required.

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 21 minutes later

Hello XXXXXXX
Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the contents. These are the antibiotics usually used to treat the typhoid. Kindly take the medication as prescribed. No other antibiotics are required. Only you can consider taking h2 blockers/ PPI for acidity as the antibiotics drugs can cause.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.