Dermoid cyst removed from ovary. Having pain below ribs and breathing difficulty. Normal?

Jan 2013

Had a dermoid cyst removed 2 weeks ago from inside my r. ovary. I'm having pain now in my stomach just below my rib on my right side can feel it more when I take a XXXXXXX breath. Also seems I'm running out of breath quickly like when climbing stairs or taking a short walk. Is this still normal for me to be feeling?
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with pain.
Do you have fever/ cough with sputum/ vomiting or nausea/ yellow colour eyes or urine?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence/ gargling sound in abdomen?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of right lower chest pneumonia with pleuritis or acute cholecystitis.
Presence of pain, its location, difficulty in breathing suggests the diagnosis.

Although you have past history of surgery of dermoid cyst at right ovary but there appears to be least correlation between present symptoms and surgery. Surgery was performed in lower abdomen while pain is present in lower chest/ upper abdominal region.
Yet there may be possibility of some infectious focus inside the abdomen formed after surgery.

You should consult with your treating doctor/ XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX ultrasound imaging studies on preliminary basis.
You should also go for complete blood count, liver function test, serum amylase and renal function test.
Meanwhile, you should take proton pump inhibitors, analgesic along with antispasmodics for relief of your symptoms.

Let me know the results of above prescribed investigation.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other queries also,
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava