i have suffered from depression in the past abd have switched from femeston 2/10 tocyclo-proxynova and have been taking brown tabs for 3 days am feeling like i cant be bothered do you think this is a result of changing tabs and ihow high are chances of them causing me depression
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

Let me help you in your question in detail:

As you might be knowing that both Femeston and Cyclo-proxynova are used as HRT (Oestrogen and other being Oestrogen plus Progesterone. I guess both of them differ only by color, the former has grey color and latter has brown. The progesterone is added in the second half of the month with 7 day drug free period before you start the next pack.

Hence the effects of both these drugs should be the same on the same individual. However I would like to know why were you prescribed HRT? Is it for Depression? If so let me tell you HRT is not recommended for depressive symptoms during menopause. Moreover studies say that Estrogen is classified under the drugs causing depression. Since both the above trade names have Estrogen component in them they may aggravate the condition.

Depression has to be treated separately by antidepressants which can be prescribed by a Psychiatrist. I suppose you realize the importance of being treated separately for depression.

I have one question for you now. Are you taking only the brown tablets alone in the pack? Either way the recommendations would not change.

Hope I am of help to you in answering the question. Please let me know if you have more queries.