Depression and irritability. On beta blockers and lisinopril for hypertension. Are these side effects?

Hi! I am a nurse, and my husband is in his 50's with htn. All of these meds seem to alter his personality. Beta blockers made him depressed, and lisinopril had made him so jumpy and irritable that i'm almost ready for a divorce (after 29 years) Please Help!!
Would taking Androgel help or hurt?? thankou8abug2
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 44 minutes later
Hi there!

With drugs you described text book description of side effects do contain the effects thus named. However for you to consider separation after 3 decades, I would urge you for patient's sake and for sake of your profession postpone these thoughts for the time being.

In hypertension we always say there is no 'drug of choice' but there is always "choice of drugs". Please, consult the cardiologist or medical specialist treating him first alone and then both of you together so as doctors gets a chance to choose from dozens and dozens of other drug. It might just click.

Anil Grover