Depression, BP, hypertension. Taking alprozhalam, betaloc. What can be done next?

Dear Doc,

I'm XXXXXXX from chennai.. I'm suffering from a terrible depression due to failure in both official and personal life.. I m taking alprozhalam 0.25 once a day for the past one year.. Right now my official getting back to normal but still I have a kind of fear which affects my day to day work.
I met a dr, he gave me tancodep tablets twice a day, he said I'm affected with phsycosamatic disorder but no use. I met another dr, he gave nexita plus and nexita forte but there is no improvement. I have a bad sleeping disorder, I never had a sound sleep for the past one year, I used to wake up 3 to 4 times in the nite with bad dreams which I can remember it clearly.
My main problem I always think i have a problem in my health, especially heart, I have taken all the tests it's all negative. I had mild blood pressure due to hypertension, I'm taking betaloc 25mg once a day. I'm 34 years old. I never smoke and drink occasionally.. Dr I'm perfectly fine apart from my mind problems.. Please help and suggest me what to do next.. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 minutes later

Alprazolam taken for such long duration can have adverse effects like rebound social anxiety once stopped and yes it has to be treated with a better antianxiety drug like Nexito Plus.It is the definitive treatment only that it will take some time to treat which may be in weeks or in months depending on the severity of the problems.

I would recommend you to continue on the Nexito Plus only as it is the best for the problem you have only that it takes time and I would also suggest you to attend a psychiatrist for Behavioural therapy which is very helpful in such conditions .Also do practice mind relaxation exercises like Meditation under a training professional.

Involving yourself in sports will surely help , do go for exercises or outdoor games in the evening which can help you have a sound sleep in the night after a period of exertion, naturally.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.