Depressed and experiencing pressure at back of head. Feeling tired and dizzy. Brain tumor?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
Hi i have been expernicing this pressure at the back of my head for servel years now, some doctors reckons its XXXXXXX depression" Which yes i am depressed! but i hve been getting more symtomes i have been really tired, like wake up in the morning then ill be like tired an hour later and ill just fall asleep for the rest of the day... i have been have blurry vison, trouble getting my words out... feel dizzy like very spaced out.. npt sure whats going on ive had 2 ct scan but nothing came back, i have a MRI on sunday im worried what do i do i think i have a brain tumour?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 35 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From your symptoms it seems unlikely to be a cancer. The two previous CT scan reports also support that finding. But still to be sure the doctors have ordered a MRI, which will let us know for sure if there is a tumour present or not.
You symptoms are also suggestive of clinical depression and it is advisable that you seek a doctor's opinion on that. Are you currently taking any medications for your depression?
Sometimes these symptoms can get the better of you and it is advisable that you talk to your family and friends about these problems.

Hope you get well soon and the MRI report comes normal.

Follow-up: Depressed and experiencing pressure at back of head. Feeling tired and dizzy. Brain tumor? 3 hours later
Yes i am on medication called cymbatha... I no it has alot of side effects but,do you know what else could be causing my symtomes

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

It is good to hear that your are taking medications for your symptoms. Other than depression and cancer, it could be because of a cervical spine problem. This can cause dizziness, pain in the upper back and head. If you have this problem, it will also get picked up on the MRI scan which you are supposed to undergo on Sunday.

Hope the MRI turns out to be normal.

Follow-up: Depressed and experiencing pressure at back of head. Feeling tired and dizzy. Brain tumor? 19 minutes later
Im going for a mri of brain

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

During MRI of the brain, sections of the cervical spine are also taken. If there is a problem in the cervical spine, it would be picked up on the scan.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Depressed and experiencing pressure at back of head. Feeling tired and dizzy. Brain tumor? 14 minutes later
I had a ct.scan last feburaury hope i dont have anything

Let us hope your reports come out to be normal.