Dents in skin after taking Accutane. Will that go away if I stop taking Accutane?

Infertility Specialist
I started taking accutane two weeks ago and i notice i started getting in dents in my skin that i never had will that go away? i have six in dents that look like little holes never had them before will they go away if i stop taking accutane
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

You are right; it could be because of accutane. Accutane can make skin fragile and weak in some individuals leading to skin dents/scars. It also makes you vulnerable to minor trauma.

Hence it might help to stop accutane after discussing with your prescribing doctor.

The effects usually go away in 2 months. Sometimes though they persist the dents may fade and become lighter which is less disfiguring cosmetically. In such cases you may wish to treat it by cosmetic procedures.

Hope this answer your query. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further query. Yet, should you have any other concerns, I will be glad to assist you.