Dent in back and had X-ray. Doctors said its due to age and possibly arthritis. Uncomfortable to sleep on stomach or back. cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had the dent in my back checked and had an X-ray done. The doctor said there was nothing more than normal aging and possibly arthritis but there is nothing they can do. My new question regarding my back is that I still can't sleep on my stomach or back because the dent makes it uncomfortable but I have woken up several times with my arms completely numb.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I have seen the images. It seems that you have an increased scoliosis of the lumbar spine.
This causes muscular and ligament sprain thus leading to pain and discomfort. This can also cause mild ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.

Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.