Delivered still born baby. Experiencing pain in cervix and having increases bleeding. What to do?

I gave birth to a stillborn at 19 weeks pregnant 6 days ago. Today been experiencing very sharp pain near cervix. Bleeding has also increased
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 28 minutes later

The bleeding could be due either to retained products, tears in the cervix and the vagina that have been left unrepaired or hormonal imbalance. You should have a physical examination by a specialist and a sonogram; a blood test may also be needed to check for any clotting deficiencies and infections; a vaginal swab may be needed if infection is suspected. Management depends on the specific localisation of the cause. You may need styptics and hormonal supplementation if indicated.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.